Loading

Retargeting Strategy for Ecommerce

Have you ever had recurring ads on your social media page from an online store you have previously interacted with? If the answer is yes, that means you have been retargeted.

Retargeting involves customising your ad campaigns according to your customer’s current shopping behaviour. In fact, sending ads to previous users who have interacted with you to create a new impact is a form of retargeting.

Retargeting is a type of digital marketing, but it can be used with other marketing strategies to increase eCommerce sales from potential customers. AdRoll says that only 2% of people who go to a store for the first time buy something. Then what happens to the other 98%? You need a good plan to get that 98% back to your store.

A customer's buying process is not a straight line, but rather a curved line with many points of contact. In every eCommerce conversion, as a marketer, you have to be able to predict how customers will buy and know how they make decisions. The best way to do this and help more than 98% of shoppers who don't convert is to use retargeting.

Are you ready to take your eCommerce sales to the next level through retargeting? Let’s get started with our retargeting strategy for eCommerce tips:

Tip 1: Introduce Your New Products

You've noticed that people who visit your website spend a lot of time on a product that's about to be taken off the market. It just so happens that there's a new product that's similar to what the user wants. The next best thing to do is to retarget that online user by showing them an ad for the new product.

Tip 2: Retargeting Online Visitors on Social Media

AdRoll says that when you retarget customers on Facebook, you can make an average of $10 for every $1 you spend. Use your Facebook page to retarget people who have been to your website but didn't buy anything. It's a good place to put up an ad because people are likely to see it and know about it.

Tip 3: Upsell Related Products after A Purchase

Say your customer did buy something from your site. Do you just forget about them and move on to other potential customers? With retargeting, you can try to sell them something related to what they just bought. Wouldn't it be nice to offer them a facial scrub, cleanser, or night cream if they bought a face mask?

Tip 4: Update your Ads

Change the way you use retargeting so that your ads don't get old. Customers can easily notice ads that show up more than once, and instead of increasing your sales, they might even block your ads from their page. So don't keep running the same ads and play your cards right. If they don't buy after seeing your ads for a while, try a new one with a different offer to get their attention again.

Tip 5: Retargeting Shopping Cart Lists

A customer's shopping trip isn't over until they look at what's in their shopping carts. Some people put things in their carts, but they don't pay for them. This is bad for people who run a business. With retargeting, you can still get people to come back to your site and finish buying something. Customers are more likely to buy from you if you send them an ad that reminds them of what's in their shopping cart and tells them why they should.

On top of these tips, it’s also worth noting that retargeting is designed for online users who have connected with your website or online store. Specifically, here are the lists of people you can retarget:

  • Those who have searched on Google relevant to your brand
  • Those who consume content similar to your current customers
  • Those who visited your website but didn’t make a purchase
  • Those who are on your email list

 

Now that you know who to retarget with the right retargeting strategy for your eCommerce, don't waste any time and start running your retargeting ads right away to raise awareness, keep your customers interested, bring traffic back to your site, and most importantly, increase your conversions. Don't let your business miss out on the great chance that retargeting can give it. Aim high and retarget!

Want to improve your digital presence and conversions? We have just the right marketing strategies up our sleeves. Contact our team and get a complimentary digital health check-up.


X

Ready to grow your business? We are. Lets Talk

+61 37018 7620
[email protected]